France Telecom's Orange to carry iPhone in FranceFrance Telecom confirmed Thursday its wireless arm Orange has signed an agreement with Apple to distribute the Apple iPhone in France.
"We have signed an agreement with Apple to sell the iPhone," a spokeswoman for the carrier told Dow Jones, adding that the company will start selling the combined mobile phone and media player in November, without giving a precise date for the launch.
Apple recently held press events in both the UK and Germany to announce availability of the handset in those regions, but has not done so yet in France.
Thus far there is no mention of the deal on Apple's website or France Telecom's.
Apple has said that it will launch iPhone in the U.K. and Germany on November 9. Presumably, the French roll-out would take place around the same time.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more