France Telecom's Orange to carry iPhone in FranceFrance Telecom confirmed Thursday its wireless arm Orange has signed an agreement with Apple to distribute the Apple iPhone in France.
"We have signed an agreement with Apple to sell the iPhone," a spokeswoman for the carrier told Dow Jones, adding that the company will start selling the combined mobile phone and media player in November, without giving a precise date for the launch.
Apple recently held press events in both the UK and Germany to announce availability of the handset in those regions, but has not done so yet in France.
Thus far there is no mention of the deal on Apple's website or France Telecom's.
Apple has said that it will launch iPhone in the U.K. and Germany on November 9. Presumably, the French roll-out would take place around the same time.
On Topic: General
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores