Briefly: Nano, Classic iPod SW updates; new iPhone adsApple this past weekend released software updates for both its third-generation iPod nano and sixth-generation iPod classic digital media players. Meanwhile, the company also kicked-off a new national television advertising campaign for the iPhone.
iPod nano, classic software version 1.0.2
On Saturday, Apple released iPod software version 1.0.2. for the third-generation iPod nano and sixth-generation iPod classic. Both updates are accessible to owners of the players through iTunes.
Although Apple's documentation states only that the updates deliver "bug fixes," users have discovered that the firmware revision primarily affects Cover Flow behavior and performance on the iPod classic, improving its similarity to the experience found within iTunes 7.4.
The updates also adds a third "Ask" option to the TV output category that lets users selectively turn on TV mode when attached to an authorized video-capable peripheral. Users have also reported better calendar and contact syncing.
Real world iPhone ads
Meanwhile, Apple on Sunday began airing a trio of "real world' commercials that feature a monologue delivered by a satisfied user about a particular iPhone feature. The ads, which are set in front of a black backdrop, are akin to the company's Mac "switcher" campaign and likely a result of solicited user submissions. The commercials end with the user walking away from the backdrop — which is revealed to be on the side of a New York City street.
On Topic: General
- Best Buy slashes $100 off all iPad Air 2 models in early Black Friday sale
- Natalie Portman rumored for troubled Steve Jobs biopic
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors