Extensive Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard screenshot galleryWith Leopard already in the hands of some customers, the launch less than a day ahead, and Apple's legal hounds safely at home in their kennels, AppleInsider has produced a comprehensive screenshot gallery from the shipping version of the new Mac OS.
At least some Mac users report having received their shipping copies of Leopard on Thursday, more than 24 hours in advance of the officially scheduled debut on October 26th at 6PM — and at least one user has posted video evidence of the fact on YouTube.
The shipping package is far smaller than the original Tiger box and is just larger than the DVD and basic documentation, but is considerably flashier: a holograph-like "X" and star field grace the front.
Separate reports have appeared of retail copies appearing at official Apple stores as well as third-party resellers, all of whom are expected to sit tight on their copies until the 6PM mark, even while some customers are already using the new software.
For those still waiting for the retail launch or are still waiting for their shipments to arrive, AppleInsider has provided a full collection of images exploring the better part of this sixth update to Mac OS X. We start with images of the completely reworked Finder and its preferences, the high-quality icons for Apple's default applications, and the new version of Mail.
Our gallery's second page continues the look at Mail and moves on to Software Update, iChat, Spaces, and Safari 3. Page three wraps up Safari screenshots and takes a peek at QuickLook in the Finder, the updated versions of iCal and the Preview image app, and Time Machine. Jump ahead to page four for views of the updated control panels in System Preferences. And finally, page five wraps up with a view of .Mac's integration with Leopard, network settings, the enhanced parental controls, Stacks, and the visually revamped Dock.
Also, don't forget to check out our Road to Mac OS X Leopard series, installments of which are listed below:
- Time Machine
- Finder 10.5
- Mail 3.0
- Dock 1.6
- iChat 4.0
- iCal 3.0
- Safari 3.0
- Dictionary 2.0
- Preview 4.0
- Dashboard, Spotlight and the Desktop
- System Preferences
- Parental Controls and Directory Services
- QuickTime, iTunes, and Media Features
- What's new in Mac OS X Leopard Server
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple's no-good terrible quarter, a death in Cupertino, 'Apple Watch 2' rumors & more
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications