Apple updates AirPort Base Station softwareApple on Tuesday updated its AirPort Base Station software for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, as well as recent version of the Windows operating system.
The 11.4MB update began showing up via the Mac OS X Software Update application as "AirPort Base Station Update 2008-001" earlier this afternoon for those users who own one of the company's 802.11 routers.
According to Apple's "release notes," the update includes general fixes and compatibility updates for AirPort Utility, AirPort Disk Utility, and AirPort Base Station Agent.
Shortly thereafter, a similar set of updates were released via the company's website under the heading "AirPort Utility 5.3.1." Those distributions was made available as a 8.8MB download for Leopard, a 9.33MB download for Tiger, and a 10.28MB download for Windows XP and Vista.
"AirPort Utility v5.3.1 is the simple to use, setup and management utility for the AirPort Express Base Station, the AirPort Extreme Base Station and Time Capsule," Apple said in the release notes for those downloads.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Apple's World Travel Adapter Kit returns with Brazil socket support, lower price
- Apple announces repair program for MacBook Pro laptops exhibiting video issues
- How to get the lowest prices anywhere on Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pros with coupons
- Apple brings 2TB Mac mini configuration back to online store
- Worldwide PC market staggers in Q4 as Apple's Mac reaches new heights