Thursday, September 11, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's second-gen iPod touchThe new second generation iPod touch is not only thinner itself, with a rounded, polished aluminum back, but it also ships in a simpler, smaller case as well, just like the Nano. It also introduces Genius playlist creation, audio recording features when used with a mic, and a built in Nike+ iPod receiver.
The new iPod touch ships with standard headphones; Apple will release two headphone options next month that include a mic and playback/volume controls: a standard earbud pair for $29 and a premium dual driver, in ear set for $79.
On Topic: iPod
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video
- The iPhone Patent Wars: Early patent skirmishes of Apple, Inc., in pictures
- Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update
- Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models