Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 12:55 pm
Apple now largest mobile device company in the worldWith $15.6 billion in revenue last quarter, Apple is now the largest mobile device company in the world, company co-founder Steve Jobs proclaimed Wednesday.
By revenue, Jobs said, Apple is the largest mobile devices company in the world -- larger than Nokia, Sony and Samsung. "It's amazing," he said.
Just recently, Apple sold its 250 millionth iPod, the CEO also revealed.
"I just didn't want to let this moment pass without recognizing it," he said. "It's pretty amazing."
Apple also now has more than 140,000 applications available on its App Store. That's well up from the 100,000 revealed by the company in late 2009.
On Topic: General
- Steve Jobs discusses his legacy in rare 1994 video interview
- Solar charging stations with Apple Lightning & 30-pin connectors come to New York
- Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'
- DOJ e-books trial: Apple's Cue explains 'agency' contracts and pricing, denies culpability
- Skype Video Messages come to Apple's iOS, OS X