Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 06:00 pm PT (09:00 pm ET)
Apple issues Boot Camp update for MacBook Pros, new 10.6.4 betaApple on Tuesday released an update to its Boot Camp dual-booting software for owners of its most recent 13-inch MacBook Pros and also equipped developers with yet another beta of its impending Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update.
Boot Camp Update for MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
According to Apple, the Boot Camp update addresses an issue that causes the Boot Camp Control Panel applet to display an error when the brightness tab is selected. It also fixes a glitch that left some users with no headphone sound.
The update, which applies to theMacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) running Windows operating systems, is available for Windows 32 bit partitions and Windows 64-bit partitions.
Mac OS X 10.6.4 build 10F58
Separately on Tuesday, the Mac maker also pushed out Mac OS X 10.6.4 build 10F58, which arrived exactly one week after the company latest seeded developers with a beta (build 10F54) of the forthcoming Snow Leopard update.
People familiar with the latest distribution say it swelled roughly 5MB in size to 581.3MB, but otherwise contained all the same focus areas and enhancements as the build that preceded it.
Mac OS X 10.6.4 remains clear of known issues, those same people say.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple calls for OS X Yosemite app submissions ahead of launch
- Apple provides golden master candidate of OS X Yosemite to developers
- Apple releases bash patch to plug 'Shellshock' security flaw in OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
- Apple says most customers not vulnerable to 'shellshock,' patch coming for advanced users
- Apple announces 'AirDrop Test Fest' to flush out issues ahead of OS X 10.10 Yosemite release