Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 06:20 am PT (09:20 am ET)
WWDC 2010 Apple Design Awards name best iPhone, iPad appsApple this week announced the winners of its annual Design Awards at the Worldwide Developers Conference, highlighting some of the best applications written for iOS.
The winners of this years awards were represented by five applications written for the iPad, and five for the iPhone. They were selected among the more than 225,000 options on the App Store, which has earned developers more than $1 billion to date.
This year's Design Awards did not include a category for Mac OS X applications, further demonstrating that the focus of WWDC 2010 is iOS, which powers the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Winners were selected based on criteria including design, technical excellence, innovation, quality, technology adoption and performance. Nominations were accepted through Apple's website by members of the iPhone Developer Program
The awards ceremony was followed this week by MacStories, which provided a full list of the winners, also included below with iTunes links:
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple again taps Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon for new iPhone 6 ads
- Profiteers flipping iPhone 6 units to Chinese reportedly to blame for fight at Apple Store
- Apple's A8-powered iPhone 6 & 6 Plus impress, outperform competing phones in benchmarks
- Skype for iPhone, Google Chrome updated with iOS 8 enhancements
- Apple announces record sales of 10 million iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus units in first 3 days