WWDC 2010 Apple Design Awards name best iPhone, iPad appsApple this week announced the winners of its annual Design Awards at the Worldwide Developers Conference, highlighting some of the best applications written for iOS.
The winners of this years awards were represented by five applications written for the iPad, and five for the iPhone. They were selected among the more than 225,000 options on the App Store, which has earned developers more than $1 billion to date.
This year's Design Awards did not include a category for Mac OS X applications, further demonstrating that the focus of WWDC 2010 is iOS, which powers the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Winners were selected based on criteria including design, technical excellence, innovation, quality, technology adoption and performance. Nominations were accepted through Apple's website by members of the iPhone Developer Program
The awards ceremony was followed this week by MacStories, which provided a full list of the winners, also included below with iTunes links:
On Topic: iPhone
- PSA: Don't use P2P money transfer services like Venmo with people you don't know
- Amazon Video, Microsoft OneDrive & Google Drive for iOS update with 3D Touch [u]
- 2017 Mirage will be first US Mitsubishi model with Apple's CarPlay
- Pebble Time gets beta voice & preset replies for iPhone text messages
- DxO One app update to bring Apple Watch support, extended manual control, more