Apple seeds third Mac OS X 10.6.5 beta with one known issueApple on Thursday seeded with developers the third beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5, its latest security and maintenance update for Snow Leopard, with just one known issue.
People familiar with the latest build, reportedly known as 10H531, said the lone issue is associated with VMware. Having it installed can cause USB devices to not work when the Mac is awoken from sleep mode.
Those same people said Apple has asked developers to focus on a few key areas for the latest beta, including iCal, Mail, USB Devices, QuickTime, Time Machine and 3D graphics. The delta update is said to be a 557MB download.
The latest beta comes just a week after the last build was supplied to developers. And the previous, first build arrived only six days before that.
Mac OS X 10.6.4 was released in mid-June, packing fixes for trackpads on Apple's notebook computers, and also addressing issues with Adobe's Creative Suite 3. It also included Safari 5, Apple's latest Web browser.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds server-to-server web service requests to CloudKit
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion with new features
- Public beta testers get Apple's second build of OS X 10.11.4
- Apple seeds OS X 10.11.4 to developers with minor bug fixes
- Apple updates Logic Pro X, MainStage 3 pro apps with new features and enhancements