Apple firmware update fixes MacBook charging issueA new firmware fix for older MacBook and MacBook Pro models solves a charging issue that takes place when using the latest MagSafe power adapters.
MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.4 for select 2007-2008 MacBook and MacBook Pro models was released Thursday. The update comes in at just 880KB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.4.
Users had reported that newer MagSafe adapters failed to charge older MacBook and Macbook Pro computers.
Apple redesigned the MagSafe adapter for the most recent early 2010 MacBook Pro model released in April. The new adapter routes the power cable back instead of jutting out perpendicular to the machine.
In 2007, Apple halted shipments of its MagSafe power adapters because of quality design issues.
On Topic: MacBook
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- Owners of Apple's 2016 12-inch MacBook report USB-C to HDMI adapter flickering
- How to get the lowest prices on Apple's 2016 12" MacBooks
- Research shows intense interest in Apple MacBooks, even given long time since last refresh
- New USB-C-to-HDMI spec will enable adapter-free display hookups for MacBooks