Apple firmware update fixes MacBook charging issueA new firmware fix for older MacBook and MacBook Pro models solves a charging issue that takes place when using the latest MagSafe power adapters.
MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.4 for select 2007-2008 MacBook and MacBook Pro models was released Thursday. The update comes in at just 880KB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.4.
Users had reported that newer MagSafe adapters failed to charge older MacBook and Macbook Pro computers.
Apple redesigned the MagSafe adapter for the most recent early 2010 MacBook Pro model released in April. The new adapter routes the power cable back instead of jutting out perpendicular to the machine.
In 2007, Apple halted shipments of its MagSafe power adapters because of quality design issues.
On Topic: MacBook
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]
- New 13" MacBook to launch in Q3, end development of MacBook Air insider says
- Giveaway: Win a designer MacBook bag from WaterField Designs
- Watch: Apple's 2016 MacBook vs. 2015 13" MacBook Air in head-to-head comparison
- New Immersion lawsuit adds Apple's iPhone 6s, MacBook to patent infringement row