Apple's largest mall-based US store opening Oct. 16Apple announced Tuesday that its newly redesigned Apple Retail Store in Saint Louis, Mo., which will feature a first-of-its-kind lounge area, will open Saturday, Oct. 16 at 9 a.m.
Apple sent emails with news that the St. Louis Galleria Apple Store will reopen Saturday after being "completely redesigned." The first 1,000 visitors will receive a free Apple T-shirt, the email said.
The redesign replaces a "mini" Apple Store in the St. Louis Galleria Mall with over 6,000 square-feet of space and a 55-foot wide storefront. It will be Apple's largest mall-based store in the U.S. when it opens Saturday.
The St. Louis store made news last week when rumors emerged that the store would have a new lounge area in front of the store. The permanent kiosk will offer free Wi-Fi and allow customers to check in to Genius bar appointments. According to ifoAppleStore, the new Apple Store "Genius Lounge" area will occupy a 592 square-feet space that has recently been vacated by Starbucks Coffee.
On Topic: General
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling
- New Apple patent would allow touch-sensing surfaces made using Liquidmetal tech
- Tim Cook responds to $14.5B EU tax bill with open letter, says decision will be reversed
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more