Apple's largest mall-based US store opening Oct. 16Apple announced Tuesday that its newly redesigned Apple Retail Store in Saint Louis, Mo., which will feature a first-of-its-kind lounge area, will open Saturday, Oct. 16 at 9 a.m.
Apple sent emails with news that the St. Louis Galleria Apple Store will reopen Saturday after being "completely redesigned." The first 1,000 visitors will receive a free Apple T-shirt, the email said.
The redesign replaces a "mini" Apple Store in the St. Louis Galleria Mall with over 6,000 square-feet of space and a 55-foot wide storefront. It will be Apple's largest mall-based store in the U.S. when it opens Saturday.
The St. Louis store made news last week when rumors emerged that the store would have a new lounge area in front of the store. The permanent kiosk will offer free Wi-Fi and allow customers to check in to Genius bar appointments. According to ifoAppleStore, the new Apple Store "Genius Lounge" area will occupy a 592 square-feet space that has recently been vacated by Starbucks Coffee.
On Topic: General
- Apple Store employees to get updated attire, go 'back to blue' starting Feb. 2
- Universal Pictures announces cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie, start to principal filming
- Tim Cook calls 2015 the 'year of Apple Pay' as service takes over contactless payments market
- YouTube pushes Flash to the back burner, will now default to HTML5 player
- Apple patents snap-on iPhone game controller and keyboard accessories