Wednesday, February 02, 2011, 04:45 am PT (07:45 am ET)
Apple seeds third beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 with no known issuesApple has continued its quick release schedule for Mac OS X 10.6.7 beta builds this week, issuing the latest update to developers with no known issues.
Those familiar with the latest build of Mac OS X 10.6.7 say it is known as 10J850, and was released late Tuesday. The delta update is reportedly a 376.9MB download.
Those people say Apple has asked developers to again focus their testing on the Mac App Store, as well as AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers. The latest build has no known issues.
The last beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for Snow Leopard, was released just over a week ago. That build, dubbed 10J846, was a 372MB download that asked developers to concentrate on the Mac App Store — the only change from the previous build.
And less than a week before that, on Jan. 20, the first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 was issued to developers. None of the releases have reportedly contained any known issues.
The last update for Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.6, was released in early January, and included the Mac App Store. The digital download destination, borrowing concepts from Apple's iOS, got off to a strong start, serving up more than a million downloads in its first 24 hours.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers
- FileMaker 13 launches with browser-based support via HTML5, new tools for iPhone & iPad
- Microsoft's project 'Threshold' to further converge PC, phone & Xbox platforms
- Black Friday software and the lowest prices ever on Dragon Dictate 3 and Micro Drone 2.0
- Product (RED) Mac Pro auction brings in $977,000; gold EarPods sold for $461,000