Apple seeds third beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 with no known issuesApple has continued its quick release schedule for Mac OS X 10.6.7 beta builds this week, issuing the latest update to developers with no known issues.
Those familiar with the latest build of Mac OS X 10.6.7 say it is known as 10J850, and was released late Tuesday. The delta update is reportedly a 376.9MB download.
Those people say Apple has asked developers to again focus their testing on the Mac App Store, as well as AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers. The latest build has no known issues.
The last beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for Snow Leopard, was released just over a week ago. That build, dubbed 10J846, was a 372MB download that asked developers to concentrate on the Mac App Store — the only change from the previous build.
And less than a week before that, on Jan. 20, the first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 was issued to developers. None of the releases have reportedly contained any known issues.
The last update for Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.6, was released in early January, and included the Mac App Store. The digital download destination, borrowing concepts from Apple's iOS, got off to a strong start, serving up more than a million downloads in its first 24 hours.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.2, MainStage 3.2 updates with Alchemy synthesizer
- VMware launches Fusion 8 with Windows 10 & OS X El Capitan support
- Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes
- Future Chrome for Mac update may solve problems with memory, performance
- Apple issues 7th OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta to developers, 5th public beta to testers