Apple issues Safari 5.0.4 with improved stability for plug-insSafari 5.0.4 was released by Apple on Wednesday, packing a number of bug fixes, compatibility improvements, and improved stability for websites with multiple instances of plug-in content.
Safari 5.0.4 is available on Mac OS X via Software Update or via direct download from Apple. The 39.3MB download contains improvements to stability, compatibility, accessibility and security. Changes in the update, according to Apple, include:
- Improved stability for webpages with multiple instances of plug-in content
- Improved compatibility with webpages with image reflections and transition effects
- A fix for an issue that could cause some webpages to print with incorrect layouts
- A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on webpages with plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
- Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on webpages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver
The last update for Safari, version 5.0.3, was released last November. It also included bug fixes and security updates.
The last major update to the Safari Web browser came last June, when Apple released Safari 5. It included a 30 percent performance increase, the addition of Bing search, and secure sandboxed extensions.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more