Apple issues Safari 5.0.4 with improved stability for plug-insSafari 5.0.4 was released by Apple on Wednesday, packing a number of bug fixes, compatibility improvements, and improved stability for websites with multiple instances of plug-in content.
Safari 5.0.4 is available on Mac OS X via Software Update or via direct download from Apple. The 39.3MB download contains improvements to stability, compatibility, accessibility and security. Changes in the update, according to Apple, include:
- Improved stability for webpages with multiple instances of plug-in content
- Improved compatibility with webpages with image reflections and transition effects
- A fix for an issue that could cause some webpages to print with incorrect layouts
- A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on webpages with plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
- Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on webpages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver
The last update for Safari, version 5.0.3, was released last November. It also included bug fixes and security updates.
The last major update to the Safari Web browser came last June, when Apple released Safari 5. It included a 30 percent performance increase, the addition of Bing search, and secure sandboxed extensions.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3