First Look: Apple's iPad 2For its second generation iPad, Apple created a thinner, lighter device with faster processing and graphics, more wireless options, and both front and rear facing cameras.
Out of the box
Identified simply as "iPad" on the box, the new version is packaged with a USB Dock connector cable, a 10 watt USB wall adapter, Apple stickers, regulatory information and a user guide that consists of a card: one side depicting the buttons and connectors, the other side explaining how to plug it into iTunes.
The 3G UMTS version of the new iPad also include a simple tool for popping the SIM card out.
Design compared with the original
The new model has a thinner body with a tapered edges, rather than the square wall edge of the original. This makes it more comfortable to hold in the hand, in concert with its significantly lighter weight.
On page 2 of 3: Sporty handling through tight corners; Face down, as up.
On Topic: iPad
- Killer Deals: Apple's 64GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for $399; $400 off MacBook Pro; $319 off iMac 5K
- Apple's iPad loses ground to generic tablets in 2014, report says
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS
- Apple's Oscars ad shot entirely on iPad Air 2, features voiceover by Martin Scorsese
- YouTube to launch kid-friendly app exclusively on Android, ahead of Apple's iOS