First Look: Apple's iPad 2For its second generation iPad, Apple created a thinner, lighter device with faster processing and graphics, more wireless options, and both front and rear facing cameras.
Out of the box
Identified simply as "iPad" on the box, the new version is packaged with a USB Dock connector cable, a 10 watt USB wall adapter, Apple stickers, regulatory information and a user guide that consists of a card: one side depicting the buttons and connectors, the other side explaining how to plug it into iTunes.
The 3G UMTS version of the new iPad also include a simple tool for popping the SIM card out.
Design compared with the original
The new model has a thinner body with a tapered edges, rather than the square wall edge of the original. This makes it more comfortable to hold in the hand, in concert with its significantly lighter weight.
On page 2 of 3: Sporty handling through tight corners; Face down, as up.
On Topic: iPad
- Review: CaseStudi's Libre Bluetooth keyboard is an ultra-portable workhorse, with some trade-offs
- Google's Chromebooks continue to make inroads in education, Gartner says
- Adobe discontinues Photoshop Touch, offers video glimpse of future replacement tech [u]
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 goes on sale at Apple's online store
- Rumor: Apple's 12.9" 'iPad Pro' to feature silver nanowire touch panel, debut in 2016