First Look: Apple's iPad 2For its second generation iPad, Apple created a thinner, lighter device with faster processing and graphics, more wireless options, and both front and rear facing cameras.
Out of the box
Identified simply as "iPad" on the box, the new version is packaged with a USB Dock connector cable, a 10 watt USB wall adapter, Apple stickers, regulatory information and a user guide that consists of a card: one side depicting the buttons and connectors, the other side explaining how to plug it into iTunes.
The 3G UMTS version of the new iPad also include a simple tool for popping the SIM card out.
Design compared with the original
The new model has a thinner body with a tapered edges, rather than the square wall edge of the original. This makes it more comfortable to hold in the hand, in concert with its significantly lighter weight.
On page 2 of 3: Sporty handling through tight corners; Face down, as up.
On Topic: iPad
- Teardown of iPad Pro Smart Keyboard shows conductive fabric, MacBook-based key design
- Poll: What is your favorite iOS note taking app?
- Sprint starts sales of LTE iPad Pro with contract & installment options
- Still severely constrained at Apple's own stores, Apple Pencil expands to Best Buy
- What you can and cannot do with an Apple Pencil on iPad Pro