Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 01:05 pm PT (04:05 pm ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.7 Supplemental Update for Late 2010 13 inch MacBook AirJust over a week after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple has issued a subsequent patch aimed at users of the new Late 2010, 13 inch MacBook Air to fix a system crash related to iTunes.
"This update addresses an issue that makes the system unresponsive when using iTunes," Apple notes on its support page.
The patch is just 461 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to be installed first. Both are available from Software Update.
The system lockup problem on new 13 inch Air models appeared in Apple's discussion forums after the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as an easy to replicate issue that resulted in having to force reset affected systems, indicating that the problem was inadvertently introduced with last week's larger update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple's iTunes Radio pops up in Ecuador, suggests testing in Latin American market
- Apple considering 'dramatic' overhaul of iTunes Music Store to boost sales - report
- Explicit content slipping through Apple's iTunes Radio profanity filters
- Apple casts wide net to find iTunes users affected by unauthorized in-app purchases
- NPR brings live streaming news to Apple's iTunes Radio, more channels on the way