Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.7 Supplemental Update for Late 2010 13 inch MacBook AirJust over a week after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple has issued a subsequent patch aimed at users of the new Late 2010, 13 inch MacBook Air to fix a system crash related to iTunes.
"This update addresses an issue that makes the system unresponsive when using iTunes," Apple notes on its support page.
The patch is just 461 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to be installed first. Both are available from Software Update.
The system lockup problem on new 13 inch Air models appeared in Apple's discussion forums after the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as an easy to replicate issue that resulted in having to force reset affected systems, indicating that the problem was inadvertently introduced with last week's larger update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Kanye West blames conflict between Apple Music & Tidal for missing projects
- Apple's Beats 1 head DJ Zane Lowe giving music keynote at 2017 SXSW
- Apple debuts Apple Music ad touting revamped UI, custom playlists, Beats 1
- Jimmy Iovine talks past, future of Apple Music in new interview
- Apple opens up iTunes donations for Hurricane Matthew relief