Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.7 Supplemental Update for Late 2010 13 inch MacBook AirJust over a week after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple has issued a subsequent patch aimed at users of the new Late 2010, 13 inch MacBook Air to fix a system crash related to iTunes.
"This update addresses an issue that makes the system unresponsive when using iTunes," Apple notes on its support page.
The patch is just 461 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to be installed first. Both are available from Software Update.
The system lockup problem on new 13 inch Air models appeared in Apple's discussion forums after the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as an easy to replicate issue that resulted in having to force reset affected systems, indicating that the problem was inadvertently introduced with last week's larger update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music tops customer satisfaction in new JD Power study
- Apple reveals algorithm behind Apple Music mixes, execs discuss past and future of service
- Drake's 'Views' exceeds 1B streams on Apple Music
- Drake debuts new short film as Apple Music exclusive
- Apple to debut 'Spoken Editions' iTunes category, turn written news into audio podcasts