Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.7 Supplemental Update for Late 2010 13 inch MacBook AirJust over a week after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple has issued a subsequent patch aimed at users of the new Late 2010, 13 inch MacBook Air to fix a system crash related to iTunes.
"This update addresses an issue that makes the system unresponsive when using iTunes," Apple notes on its support page.
The patch is just 461 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to be installed first. Both are available from Software Update.
The system lockup problem on new 13 inch Air models appeared in Apple's discussion forums after the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as an easy to replicate issue that resulted in having to force reset affected systems, indicating that the problem was inadvertently introduced with last week's larger update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Drake says new album's Apple Music exclusivity just one week long
- Apple Music for Android gets music video support, family membership option
- Apple Music surpasses 13M paid subscribers on strong services growth
- Apple Music to sponsor Drake's 'Summer Sixteen' tour
- Apple's iTunes Movies and iBooks Store shuttered by Chinese state agency, report confirms