Apple issues Mac OS X 10.7.2 update with iCloud supportApple's iCloud roll-out on Wednesday also features an update to its Lion operating system in the form of Mac OS X 10.7.2, bringing support for new cloud-based services like syncing, Back to My Mac, and Find My Mac.
Mac OS X 10.7.2 is now available via Software Update. It is labeled version 11C74, and is a 435.5MB download.
Apple has said that the 10.7.2 update is recommended for all users of OS X Lion, and includes general operating system fixes designed to improve the stability, compatibility and security of their Mac. The release notes declare that iCloud is "a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices."
Features of iCloud on Mac OS X, as highlighted by Apple, include:
- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading list and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.
The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1. In addition, other general operating system fixes and improvements detailed are as follows:
- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
- Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
- Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
- Enable booting in to Lion Recover from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
- Improve Active Directory integration.
Also released on Wednesday was Lion Recovery Update 1.0. It includes improvements to Lion Recovery and addresses an issue with Find My Mac when using a firmware password.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X with Magnetic Timeline, redesigned UI for new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros