Symantec exec hired by Apple to serve as new tax chiefApple has hired Phillip Bullock away from Symantec, where he serves as senior vice president and chief accounting officer, to run its own tax department, a new filing revealed on Tuesday.
The announcement was revealed through an 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday by Symantec, and discovered by Silicon Alley Insider. Bullock had served as Symantec's chief accounting officer since September of 2009.
"(Bullock) announced he will be leaving the Company to lead the tax department at Apple, Inc., and not due to any disagreement with the Company on any matters relating to the Company's operations, policies or practices," the filing reads.
The change will become effective on April 30, 2012, when Andrew Del Matto will replace Bullock as Symantec's senior vice president and chief accounting officer.
Bullock first joined Symantec as vice president of tax and trade compliance in March 2006. He also took over the company's corporate risk assurance function in March 2007.
Apple's new tax chief has a bachelor of science degree in business administration, accounting information systems, from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He also has a master's in professional accounting from University of Texas at Austin.
The hiring of Bullock is the latest in a number of management changes for Apple in 2012. Most significant was the hiring of Dixons Retail CEO John Browett in January as Apple's new senior vice president of retail, taking over for Ron Johnson who left to become chief executive at JC Penney.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage