Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surfaceImages have appeared of actor Ashton Kutcher wearing Steve Jobs' iconic black turtleneck, jeans and sneakers outfit on his way to the set of the independent film about the late Apple co-founder.
Gossip site TMZ.com published photos of Kutcher "in full character" on Saturday. His outfit was a near match to the one Jobs was famous for wearing.
Jobs so liked the black turtleneck that he reportedly owned hundreds of them. Mona Simpson, Jobs' sister, remarked at his memorial service last October that he had probably owned enough copies of the shirt for everyone in attendance.
Last month, reports surfaced that Kutcher had been cast as Jobs for the indie biopic, which is tentatively titled "Jobs: Get Inspired" and will span 1971 to 2000. The "Two and a Half Men" star had previously been noted as resembling Jobs. The film's producer, David Hulme, has said that Kutcher believes the part was "meant for him" and has set out to "prove to the world that this is the right part for him."
Hulme indicated in April that he is aiming to release the film in the fourth quarter of 2012. Rumors have suggested that broadway star Josh Gad has been tapped to play Jobs' partner Steve Wozniak. Director Joshua Michael Stern is said to believe the project is "award-worthy."
On Topic: General
- DJI debuts iPhone-connected Osmo+ camera with zoom & other enhancements
- Future iPhones might collect fingerprints, photos of thieves
- US Treasury takes last stab at deterring tax judgment against Apple & Ireland
- French & German interior ministers call on EU to enable access to encrypted data
- Tim Cook's crucial role at Apple extends well beyond his 5 years as CEO