Apple releases quick fix for next-gen MacBook Pro trackpad issuesApple on Tuesday released the first software update for the Retina Display MacBook Pro to fix possible trackpad input issues a little over 24 hours after the new machine was debuted on Monday.
MacBook Pro (Retina) Trackpad Update 1.0 addresses an issue where the next generation notebook's "trackpad may not respond consistently to user input," according to Apple's Support Page.
The update comes only a day after Apple's chief of marketing Phil Schiller unveiled the hotly-anticipated device onstage at WWDC 2012.
While shipments of the Retina Display-sporting 15-inch MacBook Pro have slipped to two to three weeks, some early adopters have already gotten their hands on the first units sold. The number of affected machines is unknown and the issue itself has so far gone largely unreported.
The 1.26MB update can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's Support Page and is only applicable to users of the new Retina Display MacBook Pro.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- It's Back: Free Apple TV and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too
- Deepest Discount Ever: $700 off Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pro (2.6GHz, 16GB, 1TB, 750M)
- Exclusive Deals: 14 Macs at their lowest prices anywhere (up to $150 off MacBook Airs, $300 off MacBook Pros & $200 off iMacs)
- Last Call: Free Apple SuperDrive and the lowest prices anywhere on MacBook + AppleCare bundles (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too
- Best of Cyber Monday: up to $100 off iPads, up to $600 off Macs, & Free Apple TVs with new Mac & AppleCare purchases