Laurene Powell Jobs expected to attend Sun Valley conferenceLaurene Powell Jobs, widow of late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, will reportedly attend the annual Allen & Company Sun Valley retreat this week and is rumored to have purchased a house in the area.
The NY Post reported on Thursday (via MacNN) that Jobs had purchased a home near Sun Valley, Idaho "within the last few days" and is expected to attend the confab. The annual conference for business, political and cultural leaders began earlier this week and is set to wrap up on Saturday.
"The house, on the border with nearby Ketchum, Idaho, is said to be a small double A-frame home valued between $3 million and $4 million," the publication claimed, adding that the house reportedly has "three bedrooms, two and half baths and three fireplaces."
Jobs' late husband attended the retreat in the past, but he had been absent in recent years.
Tim Cook, Steve Jobs' successor at Apple, was spotted at Sun Valley earlier this week. Some reports suggested that Cook planned on meeting with entertainment industry executives while at the event, though the reasons for the meeting were unknown.
Known for her active involvement in the nonprofit sector, Jobs is the founder of the Emerson Collective, an organization seeking education reform. She also serves as president of the board for College Track, an after-school program for underprivileged high school students.
Last November, securities filings revealed that Jobs would manage a $4.6 billion trust that holds the shares of Walt Disney that Steve Jobs acquired from selling Pixar.
On Topic: General
- Jony Ive explains Apple's interest in wearables, design philosophy at Met Gala 2016
- Apple hires Google X lab cofounder, former Nest head of technology to work on health projects
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 9.3.2, OS X 10.11.5 to developers, public testers [u]
- Fiat Chrysler, Google partnering on self-driving prototypes based on Pacifica minivan
- Apple patent hints next-gen Apple Pencil to sport swappable nibs, Touch ID, 'eraser' & more