Sony releases Sound Forge Pro audio editor for MacSony Creative Software on Friday announced the release of Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0, the newest addition to its line of award-winning audio and video production software products.
Sound Forge Pro Mac is a multichannel audio recording and editing application that was developed from the ground up on a clean slate for OS X. It ships with a full suite of audio mastering and repair plug-ins, which Sony said makes it a comprehensive solution for audio professionals who work on the Mac platform.
"People who work on audio editing platforms recognize the need for a fresh option in the marketplace, one that's built for OS X as opposed to something that's simply been ported over. In addition, it's no secret that cross-platform professionals have been demanding Sound Forge for the Mac for years,"said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "Our response is Sound Forge Pro Mac, a truly contemporary OS X design. Producers will appreciate its simple elegance, uncluttered look and amazing flexibility. The included suite of mastering and repair plug-ins makes this 1.0 edition a value-packed editing powerhouse right out of the box. Sound Forge Pro Mac is our second major OS X application release this year, and we're pleased to now be very actively engaged in application development for the Mac platform."
Sound Forge Pro Mac can be downloaded from sonycreatiesoftware.com for a price of $299 U.S.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report