16GB iPhone 4S drops to $99, 8GB iPhone 4 free with contractWith the launch of the iPhone 5, the 16-gigabyte iPhone 4S will drop to $99 with a two-year contract, while an 8-gigabyte iPhone 4 will be available for free.
The new pricing was announced by Apple on Wednesday at its iPhone 5 keynote. No mention was made of the iPhone 3GS, suggesting it will no longer be available, though some have expressed belief that it will continue to be available contract-free in developing countries.
The iPhone 5 pricing matches last year's iPhone 4S pricing structure: $199 with a contract for the 16-gigabyte model, $299 for 32 gigabytes, and $399 for 64 gigabytes.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iPhone gains 2% marketshare in US as competitors falter
- Leaked Foxconn document backs 12MP camera, 2GB of RAM for 'iPhone 6s'
- Judge approves $50 million settlement from Sprint for phone bill cramming
- Olloclip introduces Studio camera case & accessories for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- Apple could eschew plastic back for new metal case with 'iPhone 6c,' rumor says