Wednesday, September 12, 2012, 02:05 pm
16GB iPhone 4S drops to $99, 8GB iPhone 4 free with contractWith the launch of the iPhone 5, the 16-gigabyte iPhone 4S will drop to $99 with a two-year contract, while an 8-gigabyte iPhone 4 will be available for free.
The new pricing was announced by Apple on Wednesday at its iPhone 5 keynote. No mention was made of the iPhone 3GS, suggesting it will no longer be available, though some have expressed belief that it will continue to be available contract-free in developing countries.
The iPhone 5 pricing matches last year's iPhone 4S pricing structure: $199 with a contract for the 16-gigabyte model, $299 for 32 gigabytes, and $399 for 64 gigabytes.
On Topic: iPhone
- 10M Samsung flagship phones in 28 days a 'record,' 5M iPhone 5 in 3 days 'disappointing'
- Briefly: Virgin Mobile offers 15% discount on prepaid iPhone 4/4S
- Intel chips could have powered first iPhone, CEO Otellini says
- Multi-colored SIM trays allegedly for 'iPhone 5S' may signal more color options
- Apple's iPhone e-wallet concept suggests payment options based on context