Apple issues iOS 6 golden master to developersThe final build of iOS 6, and presumably the same version that will be publicly released next Wednesday, is now available to members of Apple's development community.
iOS 6 is compatible with the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, the new iPad, iPad 2, and fourth-generation iPod touch. It will also come preinstalled on the iPhone 5 and the new iPod touch.
Developers now have a week to test the final software before it becomes available to the public on Sept. 19, one week from today. The GM seed is labeled build 10A403.
Also released on Wednesday for developers was the Xcode 4.5 golden master. Presumably developers will be able to use the updated software to revise their applications for the taller 4-inch display on the new iPhone 5.
As a result, Apple on Wednesday also invited developers to begin submitting their applications to the App Store for iOS 6.
"To prepare your apps for submission, download the GM seeds for iOS 6 and Xcode 4.5 and test your existing apps for compatibility," Apple said, also noting that the the App Store Review Guidelines have been updated as well.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review: Yuneec E-Go, an iPhone-connected electric skateboard
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day, Retina 5K iMac back in stock
- Lyft, Seamless & Amazon Instant Video add iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screen support; JetBlue gains Touch ID
- Apple seeks Shanghai-based Apple Pay engineer ahead of anticipated China launch
- Orlando Magic are first NBA team to support Apple Pay for in-arena purchases