Thursday, December 13, 2012, 10:30 am PT (01:30 pm ET)
Amazon Instant Video comes to iPhone & iPod touchAmazon on Thursday launched its Instant Video streaming application for the iPhone and iPod touch, expanding support in the previously iPad-only application.
Amazon Instant Video version 1.4 is a free download now available in the App Store. It offers 140,000 videos for free to Amazon Prime subscribers.
The application was originally iPad-only when it launched this August. The service competes with Netflix's subscription-based Instant Watch service.
On Topic: iPhone
- Walmart to cut $72 off iPhone 5c and 5s pricing in holiday sale
- Apple iPhone 5s, 5c drive sales leap from 6th to 3rd place in China during October
- AT&T CEO says smartphone subsidies must end as T-Mobile sweetens iPhone deal
- Galaxy Note 3 phablet accounts for just 1/10 of Samsung's 2013 premium phone sales
- Fiverr lets users buy & sell services anywhere with new iPhone app