Thursday, December 13, 2012, 10:30 am PT (01:30 pm ET)
Amazon Instant Video comes to iPhone & iPod touchAmazon on Thursday launched its Instant Video streaming application for the iPhone and iPod touch, expanding support in the previously iPad-only application.
Amazon Instant Video version 1.4 is a free download now available in the App Store. It offers 140,000 videos for free to Amazon Prime subscribers.
The application was originally iPad-only when it launched this August. The service competes with Netflix's subscription-based Instant Watch service.
On Topic: iPhone
- NXP hopes Apple's adoption of NFC will encourage automakers to use its chips to replace car keys
- Samsung, Apple retain global smartphone lead in Q3 as Xiaomi rockets into third
- Developers of PCalc, Nomi run afoul of Apple's evolving iOS 8 App Store policies
- Constrained supply keeps iPhone 6 Plus resale prices at 124% of retail price
- FTC files suit against AT&T for 'deceptive & unfair data throttling'