Apple ad touts iOS 'Do Not Disturb' as same feature is affected by New Year's bugThe same day Apple began running a new ad highlighting the "Do Not Disturb" functionality in iOS 6, the same feature was plagued by a New Year's bug.
The ad features star tennis players Venus and Serena Williams playing ping pong against a narrator, voiced by actor Jeff Daniels. Daniels says that his "really cool dream" won't be disturbed because of the feature in iOS 6, which prevents notifications from buzzing on the iPhone during set hours of the day.
The ad began airing on TV as a New Year's Day bug related to Do Not Disturb began affecting iOS device users. Starting on Tuesday, users discovered that Do Not Disturb did not automatically turn off at the pre-set hour.
Apple has had New Year's bugs in iOS in the past, including one issue discovered at the start of 2011 that prevented non-repeating alarms from ringing. Apple quickly addressed that issue with a software fix.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review: Yuneec E-Go, an iPhone-connected electric skateboard
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ship times drop to one day, Retina 5K iMac back in stock
- Lyft, Seamless & Amazon Instant Video add iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screen support; JetBlue gains Touch ID
- Apple seeks Shanghai-based Apple Pay engineer ahead of anticipated China launch
- Orlando Magic are first NBA team to support Apple Pay for in-arena purchases