Wednesday, February 06, 2013, 01:17 pm PT (04:17 pm ET)
Apple seeds tenth OS X 10.8.3 build to developers [u]Less than one week after issuing the ninth OS X 10.8.3 beta to developers, Apple on Wednesday seeded build 12D65 with no known issues.
Update: An obscure detection bug in which the typing of the phrase "F:///" would crash many OS X apps has reportedly been fixed with the latest 12D65 build.
People familiar with the newest build's release notes informed AppleInsider that developers are still being asked to focus on the same five areas: AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
It appears that build 12D65 is not the upcoming maintenance update's golden master, meaning there is still work to be done before a public release.
The news comes on the heels of a continued reports of increased traffic from Macs running the as-yet-unannounced OS X 10.9, which suggests an unveiling of the next-gen operating system could be imminent.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.2 with fix for SSL security flaw, plus new FaceTime Audio