Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next monthA proven Apple insider has just shot down Wednesday morning's report from Jefferies Equity Research suggesting Apple was preparing for a television-related media event next month.
The Loops Jim Dalrymple, who has proven to be extremely reliable when commenting on Apple's plans for media events and product introductions, refuted Jefferies' claim with a tersely-tailored blog post stating: "Nope."
In a report on Apple's product road map issued to clients earlier in the day, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said his channel checks suggested Apple was gearing up to host a media event related to its television initiative next month.
Details in the original report were extremely limited, with Misek stating only that he'd heard Apple was preparing for the event to possibly distribute tools to developers to take advantage of a new version of Apple TV that would launch this fall.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports