We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next monthA proven Apple insider has just shot down Wednesday morning's report from Jefferies Equity Research suggesting Apple was preparing for a television-related media event next month.
The Loops Jim Dalrymple, who has proven to be extremely reliable when commenting on Apple's plans for media events and product introductions, refuted Jefferies' claim with a tersely-tailored blog post stating: "Nope."
In a report on Apple's product road map issued to clients earlier in the day, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said his channel checks suggested Apple was gearing up to host a media event related to its television initiative next month.
Details in the original report were extremely limited, with Misek stating only that he'd heard Apple was preparing for the event to possibly distribute tools to developers to take advantage of a new version of Apple TV that would launch this fall.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Plex Cloud beta launches, uses Amazon Drive subscription to store user media
- Apple allegedly working on Siri stand-alone speaker with HomeKit integration
- Apple adds ABC News to Apple TV's 'Live Tune-In' support
- Some new iOS 10 Home app features not supported by third-gen Apple TV [u]
- Apple hires former Time Warner Cable executive for cloud services push