Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:05 pm PT (03:05 pm ET)
Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next monthA proven Apple insider has just shot down Wednesday morning's report from Jefferies Equity Research suggesting Apple was preparing for a television-related media event next month.
The Loops Jim Dalrymple, who has proven to be extremely reliable when commenting on Apple's plans for media events and product introductions, refuted Jefferies' claim with a tersely-tailored blog post stating: "Nope."
In a report on Apple's product road map issued to clients earlier in the day, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said his channel checks suggested Apple was gearing up to host a media event related to its television initiative next month.
Details in the original report were extremely limited, with Misek stating only that he'd heard Apple was preparing for the event to possibly distribute tools to developers to take advantage of a new version of Apple TV that would launch this fall.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Review follow-up: Gaming on Amazon's Fire TV and Fire Controller
- New Apple TV box with motion controls to play 'key role' for Apple this year, but 'iTV' still a pipe dream
- In pushing for Time Warner merger, Comcast cites Apple's development of new set-top box
- Review: Amazon's Fire TV makes iterative improvements in set-top streaming
- Google prepping 'Android TV' set-top box with stripped-down interface, voice input and notifications