Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next monthA proven Apple insider has just shot down Wednesday morning's report from Jefferies Equity Research suggesting Apple was preparing for a television-related media event next month.
The Loops Jim Dalrymple, who has proven to be extremely reliable when commenting on Apple's plans for media events and product introductions, refuted Jefferies' claim with a tersely-tailored blog post stating: "Nope."
In a report on Apple's product road map issued to clients earlier in the day, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said his channel checks suggested Apple was gearing up to host a media event related to its television initiative next month.
Details in the original report were extremely limited, with Misek stating only that he'd heard Apple was preparing for the event to possibly distribute tools to developers to take advantage of a new version of Apple TV that would launch this fall.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple wants subscription TV service to include live local broadcasts, content rights remain roadblock
- Carl Icahn remains convinced Apple will build television set, despite report of project's demise
- Piper Jaffray abandons hope for full-fledged Apple television, remains bullish on AAPL stock
- Apple reportedly iced plans to build television set, looks to debut new Apple TV at WWDC
- Apple TV gets new channels in Australia, Europe and Japan