Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next monthA proven Apple insider has just shot down Wednesday morning's report from Jefferies Equity Research suggesting Apple was preparing for a television-related media event next month.
The Loops Jim Dalrymple, who has proven to be extremely reliable when commenting on Apple's plans for media events and product introductions, refuted Jefferies' claim with a tersely-tailored blog post stating: "Nope."
In a report on Apple's product road map issued to clients earlier in the day, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said his channel checks suggested Apple was gearing up to host a media event related to its television initiative next month.
Details in the original report were extremely limited, with Misek stating only that he'd heard Apple was preparing for the event to possibly distribute tools to developers to take advantage of a new version of Apple TV that would launch this fall.
On Topic: Apple TV
- HBO GO activation page for Apple TV suggests support from Charter coming soon
- Amazon buys mobile video services firm Elemental Technologies for a reported $500M
- Apple Music seen as gateway for streaming TV service, may need 30M subscribers to succeed
- CBS to stream Super Bowl 50, AFC playoffs & two regular-season NFL games free to Apple TV
- Next-gen Apple TV priced at $149, will include universal search for finding content across providers