Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 01:51 pm PT (04:51 pm ET)
Apple reportedly hires Rolls-Royce exec to head EMEIA corporate relationsRolls-Royce Director of External Corporate Communications Josh Rosenstock is rumored to have left the auto maker to take on a new position at Apple, which will reportedly task the executive with handling corporate relations in the Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region.
Rosenstock is believed to be filling a newly created role in Apple's exective hierarchy as the EMEIA region becomes more important to the company's bottom line, reports PRWeek, citing one person familiar with the move.
The "heavyweight" hire is said to the result of Apple's continued expansion into burgeoning markets, where corporate affairs are essential given their ties to each region's unique regulatory and political issues.
"This is an acknowledgement from Apple theres a need for wider horsepower when it comes to links with Whitehall stakeholders," said a separate source, referring to British governmental agencies. "As Apple becomes an institution in its own right it needs to upskill in this area."
Previously, Rosenstock worked in similar roles at Rolls-Royce, tech firm Misys and RWE Thames Water.
It is believed that the new hire will be under the guidance of Senior Director of EMEIA Corporate Communications Alan Hely.
On Topic: General
- First Look: SETA stand for iPad with NanoSuction pads
- Tim Cook visits veterans and doctors at Palo Alto VA hospital, staff using iPads
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception