Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 10:51 am PT (01:51 pm ET)
Apple seeds pre-release build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3Apple on Tuesday seeded a pre-release build of OS X 10.8.3, with its documentation indicating no major changes.
The new update, build 12D78, is now available for testing. Individuals familiar with the build have informed AppleInsider that the release notes are largely the same as the last build, with no sign of a Gold Master build being imminent.
It comes just under two weeks after the last update, which came with no known issues and asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
AppleInsider traffic logs have already shown the presence of Macs running OS X 10.9, likely meaning that Apple will be rolling out a large OS update in the near future, even as it tweaks aspects of OS X 10.8, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion was announced more than a year ago on February 16, 2012.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app