Apple seeds pre-release build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3Apple on Tuesday seeded a pre-release build of OS X 10.8.3, with its documentation indicating no major changes.
The new update, build 12D78, is now available for testing. Individuals familiar with the build have informed AppleInsider that the release notes are largely the same as the last build, with no sign of a Gold Master build being imminent.
It comes just under two weeks after the last update, which came with no known issues and asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
AppleInsider traffic logs have already shown the presence of Macs running OS X 10.9, likely meaning that Apple will be rolling out a large OS update in the near future, even as it tweaks aspects of OS X 10.8, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion was announced more than a year ago on February 16, 2012.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- Apple issues third macOS Sierra beta to developers
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Video: See all the best new features in Apple's macOS Sierra
- macOS Sierra may expand use of Dark Mode to native app backgrounds