Apple seeds pre-release build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3Apple on Tuesday seeded a pre-release build of OS X 10.8.3, with its documentation indicating no major changes.
The new update, build 12D78, is now available for testing. Individuals familiar with the build have informed AppleInsider that the release notes are largely the same as the last build, with no sign of a Gold Master build being imminent.
It comes just under two weeks after the last update, which came with no known issues and asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
AppleInsider traffic logs have already shown the presence of Macs running OS X 10.9, likely meaning that Apple will be rolling out a large OS update in the near future, even as it tweaks aspects of OS X 10.8, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion was announced more than a year ago on February 16, 2012.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple's Mac reaches 9.2% share on the web as Windows PC use sinks to new low
- iMovie for Mac updates with quicker project launch, better range selection
- Microsoft appears to be copying Apple's 2014 Continuity Handoff feature for Windows PCs
- Apple's website hints 'OS X' to be rebranded as 'MacOS'
- How to install and run Mac apps that don't come from the Mac App Store