iPhone 5 art installations grace Berlin Apple Store ahead of grand openingThe countdown is on for the grand opening of Apple's first retail store in Berlin, and the iPhone maker is touting its best selling product ahead of the store's launch.
As Apple's Kurfürstendamm store prepares for its May 3 grand opening, the scaffolding and obstructions have given way to a clear look at the space, according to ApfelPage.de. The location now has only two low-key Apple logos marking its facade, but several oversized iPhone 5 displays let passersby know what they can expect to find inside.
Apple gave word on the store's grand opening date on its web site last week. The Berlin Apple Store, the company's 11th in the country, will open particularly late on Saturday, and it will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday thereafter. It will be closed on Sundays.
The site for the new store used to be a movie theater in Berlin's Ku'damm 26 district. Ku'damm is the city's most expensive shopping district, located in West Berlin. The new store will be located across from the Hard Rock Cafe.
Apple's retail locations have become an integral aspect of the company's business, giving millions of potential customers the chance to try out Apple devices before buying. In the first quarter of this year, Apple had an average of 396 open retail stores, altogether hosting a record 121 million visitors in the quarter.
On Topic: General
- Belkin's ScreenCare+ Application System for iPhone launches at US Apple Stores
- Hackers trying to bribe Apple workers into handing over login information, report says
- Russia's new Internet czar vows to make Apple & Google pay more taxes
- Munster: Apple likely to fold VR into 'Made for iPhone' program within 2 years
- Apple's Tim Cook, Eddy Cue attend Super Bowl 50 amid talks of NFL streaming deal