Apple Online Store pushes iPad for Father's DayApple on Wednesday updated its online storefront, adding a special section for Father's Day with a heavy emphasis on the iPad, iPad mini and related accessories.
The slightly tweaked Apple Online Store now shows a front page with a section titled "Make his Father's Day," which urges shoppers to "Celebrate Dad with iPad or iPad mini."
Clicking on the Father's Day section takes users to the main iPad page, which also has been modified to reflect the upcoming occasion. Besides the standard iPad and iPad mini graphics and text are event-specific assets like a link to an "order by" webpage that offers information regarding the date on which an item needs to be purchased in time for delivery on Father's Day.
Scrolling down takes browsing buyers to "Father's Day Gifts," a selection of iOS device-compatible products like the GoPro HD Hero3 video camera, Nike+ FuelBand and other gadgets.
As with many other special occasions, Apple is offering free shipping on purchases of $50 or more, special financing and custom engraving.
On Topic: General
- Congressional Black Caucus asks Apple to release diversity report after meeting with Tim Cook
- Cellphone, data and landline services down for many in southeastern US [u]
- Apple pays $138 million for 43-acre building plot in San Jose tech corridor
- Audi, BMW, Daimler officially buy Nokia Here maps in deal valued at $3.07B
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay