Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 02:02 am PT (05:02 am ET)
Apple Online Store pushes iPad for Father's DayApple on Wednesday updated its online storefront, adding a special section for Father's Day with a heavy emphasis on the iPad, iPad mini and related accessories.
The slightly tweaked Apple Online Store now shows a front page with a section titled "Make his Father's Day," which urges shoppers to "Celebrate Dad with iPad or iPad mini."
Clicking on the Father's Day section takes users to the main iPad page, which also has been modified to reflect the upcoming occasion. Besides the standard iPad and iPad mini graphics and text are event-specific assets like a link to an "order by" webpage that offers information regarding the date on which an item needs to be purchased in time for delivery on Father's Day.
Scrolling down takes browsing buyers to "Father's Day Gifts," a selection of iOS device-compatible products like the GoPro HD Hero3 video camera, Nike+ FuelBand and other gadgets.
As with many other special occasions, Apple is offering free shipping on purchases of $50 or more, special financing and custom engraving.
On Topic: General
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms
- Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in June
- Xiaomi's Redmi Note allegedly sending user data to China surreptitiously