Hulu Plus for iPad gets redesign with a focus on content discoveryHulu users that enjoy the streaming service on Apple's iPad can now download a new version of the app, one that features a full redesign, new capabilities, and features aimed at making discovering content easier than before.
Hulu Plus version 3.0 adds the ability to minimize a video during playback by tapping an icon or pinching the video. Doing so shrinks the video down to occupy only a section of the bottom portion of the screen, allowing users to continue to browse content even while their current show keeps playing.
Users can also tap on an image of an episode, show, or season to discover more information about it in the discovery panel. The update also adds the ability to check out collections of editorially curated video content, as well as the option to watch clips and short-form content inline.
Hulu Plus v3.0 is now available as a free download in the iTunes App Store. The 12.3MB download is compatible iPads and iPad minis running iOS 5.0 or later.
On Topic: Hulu
- Hulu confirms plans to launch live TV streaming in 2017
- Hulu could beat Apple to the punch with live TV subscription service
- Netflix boasts 37% share of Internet traffic in North America, compared with 3% for Apple's iTunes
- Hulu launches $12 'ad-free' streaming tier to fend off Netflix, other rivals
- Hulu considering ad-free tier to better compete with Netflix, other video services