Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 02:11 pm PT (05:11 pm ET)
Apple seeds second OS X 10.8.5 beta to developersApple on Wednesday seeded the second iteration of its forthcoming OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion maintenance update to developers with no major changes.
The new version, build 12F13, comes one week to the day after Apple released the first seed to developers for testing.
It appears that the latest beta is four iterations higher than the initial build, which was labeled 12F9, though AppleInsider reader Gregg Mojica noted nothing major has changed in the intervening week. The beta comes with no known issues and Apple is continuing to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi and graphics.
Participating developers can download the latest 10.8.5 beta can from the Mac App Store or via Software Update
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite