Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:21 pm PT (07:21 pm ET)
Rumor: Photos claim to show 'iPhone 5C' mute switch, volume and power buttonsA set of images hit the Web on Monday claiming to show the so-called "iPhone 5C's" physical control buttons in a number of different colors.
Supposed "iPhone 5C" physical buttons. | Source: Sonny Dickson
The photos, posted by Australian Apple blogger Sonny Dickson, appear to show pill-shaped physical buttons purportedly bound for a low-cost iPhone dubbed the "iPhone 5C."
Aside from the obvious color differences, the supposed parts carry a different design than those seen on the current iPhone 5. The volume buttons in particular are pill shaped, not round with etched with "+" and "-" symbols, and reflect a design consistent with older iPhones like the 3GS.
The purported parts line up with 3D renderings of the iPhone 5C supplied to AppleInsider in June. The renderings were based on blueprint images leaked earlier that month.
Earlier on Monday, another supposed parts leak showcased a set of iPhone 5S rear glass inserts, each having an oval-shaped cutout next to the camera hole, suggesting the next-gen handset will sport a dual-flash arrangement.
On Topic: iPhone
- Purportedly leaked data from Foxconn again points to 'iPhone 6' with protruding camera lens
- Display production for Apple's 'iPhone 6' needs last-minute redesign, Reuters says
- Another purported 'iPhone 6' document suggests Apple may offer 128GB model
- Walmart discounts 16GB iPhone 5c to 97 cents, 16GB iPhone 5s to $79 for 90 days
- First photos of purported 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' rear shell compare part to 4.7-inch model