Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:21 pm PT (07:21 pm ET)
Rumor: Photos claim to show 'iPhone 5C' mute switch, volume and power buttonsA set of images hit the Web on Monday claiming to show the so-called "iPhone 5C's" physical control buttons in a number of different colors.
Supposed "iPhone 5C" physical buttons. | Source: Sonny Dickson
The photos, posted by Australian Apple blogger Sonny Dickson, appear to show pill-shaped physical buttons purportedly bound for a low-cost iPhone dubbed the "iPhone 5C."
Aside from the obvious color differences, the supposed parts carry a different design than those seen on the current iPhone 5. The volume buttons in particular are pill shaped, not round with etched with "+" and "-" symbols, and reflect a design consistent with older iPhones like the 3GS.
The purported parts line up with 3D renderings of the iPhone 5C supplied to AppleInsider in June. The renderings were based on blueprint images leaked earlier that month.
Earlier on Monday, another supposed parts leak showcased a set of iPhone 5S rear glass inserts, each having an oval-shaped cutout next to the camera hole, suggesting the next-gen handset will sport a dual-flash arrangement.
On Topic: iPhone
- China Mobile notches 33K 'iPhone 6' preorders ahead of official launch
- Apple reportedly in talks with Nordstrom over mobile payment partnership
- Leak reveals Sony's next iPhone-connected camera lens will feature swappable E-Mount, pop-up flash
- Microsoft, HTC use Windows Phone's Cortana to poke fun at Apple's iPhone in new ad
- Photos purport to show 2915 mAh battery for 5.5" 'iPhone 6,' twice the capacity of Apple's iPhone 5s