Apple to launch iPhone 5s, 5c on regional US carriers Oct. 1Apple's new flagship iPhone 5s and mid-range iPhone 5c will become available on eight regional wireless carriers in U.S. beginning Oct. 1, including C Spire, Cellcom, and Bluegrass.
The new iPhones, released to record-breaking sales last Friday, may get slightly easier to find as they make their way to regional wireless carriers next month. Apple moved more than nine million iPhone 5s and 5c units in their first weekend of availability, and larger national carriers AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint quickly sold out of their supply.
Carriers launching Apple's new phones on Oct. 1 include:
- Cellcom - Michigan and Wisconsin
- C Spire Wireless - Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Georgia
- Nex-Tech Wireless - Kansas and Colorado
- MTA - Alaska
- GCI - Alaska
- Bluegrass Cellular - Kentucky
- Appalachian Wireless - Kentucky and Virginia
- Ntelos - Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina
Some of the smaller carriers have chosen to offer the devices at a discount for instance, consumers can get an on-contract iPhone 5s from Ntelos for $149.99, a $50 discount from the the phone's normal price.
While Apple's regional carrier partners have been publicly announcing their release dates over the last few days, MacRumors was the first to compile a more complete list of carriers set for the Oct. 1 launch.
On Topic: iPhone
- New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'
- Honda launches 2017 Accord with Apple CarPlay option
- YouTube rolls out Periscope-style live streaming support on mobile
- Sketchy 'iPhone 7' pricing rumor points to 'Pro' models, 32 & 256GB capacities
- T-Mobile thanks customers with hour of in-flight Gogo access, free European roaming