Virgin Mobile says prepaid Apple iPhone 5s, 5c coming Oct. 1Prepaid wireless carrier Virgin Mobile will soon be carrying both Apples iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, with the company teasing that it will join a number of other smaller U.S. carriers in selling the devices starting Oct. 1
Virgin's home page revealed on Friday that the higher-end iPhone 5s and the mid-range iPhone 5c would be "coming soon" to its network. The company confirmed their impending arrival in a tweet from its official twitter account, pegging Oct. 1 as the arrival date for Apple's new smartphones.
When the device debuted on the United States larger carriers and around the world last week, the iPhone 5s sold out quickly, exhausting supplies within 48 hours. Some of Apple's initial stock appears to have gone to smaller regional carriers, which will launch the iPhone 5s on October 1.
The Oct. 1 arrival of the iPhone 5s and 5c marks a significant change from Virgin's timeline for the iPhone 5. That device did not arrive on Virgin Mobile USA until June of this year, several months after the device launched worldwide.
While Virgin gives no indication on pricing, the previous model retailed for $550 off contract. Virgin will likely keep comparable pricing levels for the new models.
On Topic: iPhone
- Pulled Huawei Watch listing may back claims of Android Wear coming to iOS
- Samsung offers 'Test Drive' participants cash, Google Play credit for switching from iPhone
- Purported 'iPhone 6s' box suggests Apple will keep entry-level capacity at 16GB
- Square launches Appointments iPhone app for booking, managing clients
- Instagram loosens limits, enables portrait, landscape modes for photo & video