Virgin Mobile says prepaid Apple iPhone 5s, 5c coming Oct. 1Prepaid wireless carrier Virgin Mobile will soon be carrying both Apples iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, with the company teasing that it will join a number of other smaller U.S. carriers in selling the devices starting Oct. 1
Virgin's home page revealed on Friday that the higher-end iPhone 5s and the mid-range iPhone 5c would be "coming soon" to its network. The company confirmed their impending arrival in a tweet from its official twitter account, pegging Oct. 1 as the arrival date for Apple's new smartphones.
When the device debuted on the United States larger carriers and around the world last week, the iPhone 5s sold out quickly, exhausting supplies within 48 hours. Some of Apple's initial stock appears to have gone to smaller regional carriers, which will launch the iPhone 5s on October 1.
The Oct. 1 arrival of the iPhone 5s and 5c marks a significant change from Virgin's timeline for the iPhone 5. That device did not arrive on Virgin Mobile USA until June of this year, several months after the device launched worldwide.
While Virgin gives no indication on pricing, the previous model retailed for $550 off contract. Virgin will likely keep comparable pricing levels for the new models.
On Topic: iPhone
- New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'
- Honda launches 2017 Accord with Apple CarPlay option
- YouTube rolls out Periscope-style live streaming support on mobile
- Sketchy 'iPhone 7' pricing rumor points to 'Pro' models, 32 & 256GB capacities
- T-Mobile thanks customers with hour of in-flight Gogo access, free European roaming