iPhone 5c, 5s launch on Virgin Mobile for $100 less than Apple pricingAs of Tuesday, prepaid carrier Virgin Mobile is now offering Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c off-contract for $100 less than Apple itself sells the devices.
Virgin Mobile's site lists the 16GB iPhone 5s for $550 off-contract, while the iPhone 5c sells for $450 off contract. The same two devices on Apple's own store sell for $650 and $550, respectively.
Interestingly, the iPhone 5, which arrived on Virgin in June of this year, still sells for $550 off-contract.
Virgin revealed last week that the new iPhones would be landing on its network on October 1, and the availability of the devices on the prepaid carrier may reflect which models are in higher demand from Apple.
The gold iPhone 5s color variant, which sold out quickly on the device's launch date, was listed as Out of Stock for interested Virgin customers when sales of the handset went live. This suggests the carrier was not supplied with the gold color option, or saw such high demand that all stocked units were immediately sold.
Higher-capacity models of both the iPhone 5s (32GB and 64GB) and 5c (32GB) are listed as "Web Only" products, while the yellow color variant of the polycarbonate-backed iPhone 5c is also listed as Out of Stock.
On Topic: iPhone
- Leaked Foxconn document backs 12MP camera, 2GB of RAM for 'iPhone 6s'
- Judge approves $50 million settlement from Sprint for phone bill cramming
- Olloclip introduces Studio camera case & accessories for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- Apple could eschew plastic back for new metal case with 'iPhone 6c,' rumor says
- Photos of alleged 'iPhone 6s' chassis show revised internal layout, unchanged external design [u]