Apple seeds Xcode 5.0.2 GM to developers with minor revisionsApple on Tuesday seeded what is labeled as a Golden Master version of a forthcoming update to its Xcode developer tool, with no major changes listed in the release notes aside from support for iOS 7.0.3.
The Xcode 5.0.2 GM seed, dubbed build 5A2005, includes software development kits for the recently released iOS 7.0.3 and OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
As seen above, the pre-release version comes with Xcode's IDE, iOS Simulator and all required tools and frameworks for building OS X and iOS apps.
Apple's last Xcode GM for version 5.0.1 was seeded on Oct. 3, with the public iteration released on Oct. 22 alongside OS X Mavericks. That iteration of the software included assets for iOS 7, suggesting the upcoming GM's changes are mainly focused on iOS 7.0.3, which came with support for iCloud Keychain.
When Xcode 5.0.1 was released, a number of new features were introduced, including a source control menu that creates remote Git repositories for users hosting Mac servers and a debug gauge that displays a live graph of an app's power consumption.
Developers can download the latest Xcode 5.0.2 GM seed via Software Update or Apple's Developer Portal. The most current publicly available version of Xcode 5.0.1 can be downloaded for free from the Mac App Store.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more