Apple issues update to fix keyboard, trackpad bugs in latest 13" Retina MacBook ProsApple on Thursday afternoon issued an update for EFI firmware on late 2013 13-inch Retina MacBook Pros, designed to address a problem where the laptop's keyboard and trackpad could freeze.
The issues surfaced days after the notebooks' release in late October, with users complaining of sporadic keyboard and trackpad freezes that could only be cured with a hard reset. Apple promised that a fix would be incoming a few days later.
According to the release notes, Thursday's update "addresses an issue where the built-in keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive." Users can download the update now from the Mac App Store.
AppleInsider reviewed the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display and found it to be a strong performer, particularly with Intel's latest Haswell processors and faster integrated Iris graphics. The new notebook also sports a slightly thinner chassis and lighter weight than last year's model.
Readers looking to get the best prices on Apple's latest Retina display toting MacBook Pros can compare resellers found in the official AppleInsider Mac Price Guide, portions of which are included below with special exclusive deals on AppleCare extended warranties.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Record Low Prices: Apple's iMac 4K falls $200 to $1,299, iMac 5K to $1,599, 15" MacBook Pro to $1699 ahead of Black Friday
- Exclusive Deal: Free 32GB Apple TV with all 2015 MacBook Pros plus up to $230 in additional discounts per model with no tax in 48 states
- Killer Deal: Free Apple Magic Mouse 2 and 25-100% off AppleCare on all 2015 13" & 15" MacBooks Pros and 13" MacBook Airs
- Free Apple SuperDrive and 50% off AppleCare with 13" MacBook Pros & 13" MacBook Airs (2015 models)
- 10 Days Only: Free AppleCare & Free Apple SuperDrive with 15" MacBook Pros (Late 2015)