Apple includes US in annual '12 Days of Gifts' appAs it has done for a few years now, Apple on Monday released its annual holiday season giveaway app in the iOS App Store, but this year U.S. customers are being included in the promotion as well.
Apple's 12 Days of Gifts app has become somewhat of a tradition for iOS, with users offered free downloadable content from the day after Christmas into the new year.
In previous years, Apple limited the promotion to Europe and Canada, though for 2013, the company is bringing the app and freebies to the U.S. The program runs from Dec. 26 through Jan. 6, with each day bringing a free downloadable song, app, book, movie and more. Every offer is valid for only 24 hours and some content may not be available in all areas.
This is Apple's second digital holiday promotion, the first being the "Holiday Cheer" playlist, which consists of eight free Christmas songs available for download via the Apple Store app.
12 Days of Gifts is a free 64.7MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple rejects indie game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth over child violence
- iTunes, App Store, & Apple TV services hit by new outage [u]
- App face-off: Apple iMessage vs. WhatsApp Messenger
- Apple enables lower App Store price tiers in Canada, New Zealand
- Apple takes 50% off popular productivity apps in new iOS App Store campaign