Apple includes US in annual '12 Days of Gifts' appAs it has done for a few years now, Apple on Monday released its annual holiday season giveaway app in the iOS App Store, but this year U.S. customers are being included in the promotion as well.
Apple's 12 Days of Gifts app has become somewhat of a tradition for iOS, with users offered free downloadable content from the day after Christmas into the new year.
In previous years, Apple limited the promotion to Europe and Canada, though for 2013, the company is bringing the app and freebies to the U.S. The program runs from Dec. 26 through Jan. 6, with each day bringing a free downloadable song, app, book, movie and more. Every offer is valid for only 24 hours and some content may not be available in all areas.
This is Apple's second digital holiday promotion, the first being the "Holiday Cheer" playlist, which consists of eight free Christmas songs available for download via the Apple Store app.
12 Days of Gifts is a free 64.7MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Google Play Music now stores 50K songs free, Apple's iTunes Match still at 25K songs for $25/year
- Tweetbot for iOS gets Twitter video and GIF support in latest update
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS
- IFTTT launches trio of new 'Do' apps alongside flagship app refresh
- NBC for iOS gains live streaming as Kayak, Snapchat and Yelp also see Apple updates