Apple includes US in annual '12 Days of Gifts' appAs it has done for a few years now, Apple on Monday released its annual holiday season giveaway app in the iOS App Store, but this year U.S. customers are being included in the promotion as well.
Apple's 12 Days of Gifts app has become somewhat of a tradition for iOS, with users offered free downloadable content from the day after Christmas into the new year.
In previous years, Apple limited the promotion to Europe and Canada, though for 2013, the company is bringing the app and freebies to the U.S. The program runs from Dec. 26 through Jan. 6, with each day bringing a free downloadable song, app, book, movie and more. Every offer is valid for only 24 hours and some content may not be available in all areas.
This is Apple's second digital holiday promotion, the first being the "Holiday Cheer" playlist, which consists of eight free Christmas songs available for download via the Apple Store app.
12 Days of Gifts is a free 64.7MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple App Store compensation changes coming to South Africa, New Zealand
- Banned Dash developer accused of nearly 1,000 fraudulent reviews, Apple says [u]
- Apple opens up iTunes donations for Hurricane Matthew relief
- Apple pulls API doc browser Dash citing 'repeated fraudulent activity'
- Apple threatens to pull No. 1 iMessage sticker pack 'Phoneys' for violating App Store regulations