Apple includes US in annual '12 Days of Gifts' appAs it has done for a few years now, Apple on Monday released its annual holiday season giveaway app in the iOS App Store, but this year U.S. customers are being included in the promotion as well.
Apple's 12 Days of Gifts app has become somewhat of a tradition for iOS, with users offered free downloadable content from the day after Christmas into the new year.
In previous years, Apple limited the promotion to Europe and Canada, though for 2013, the company is bringing the app and freebies to the U.S. The program runs from Dec. 26 through Jan. 6, with each day bringing a free downloadable song, app, book, movie and more. Every offer is valid for only 24 hours and some content may not be available in all areas.
This is Apple's second digital holiday promotion, the first being the "Holiday Cheer" playlist, which consists of eight free Christmas songs available for download via the Apple Store app.
12 Days of Gifts is a free 64.7MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Entry into $34B console gaming market seen as largest opportunity for new Apple TV
- EU clears Apple and labels of colluding against free streaming music services, turns eye to App Store fees
- Apple's impressive App Store growth continues to be overlooked by Wall Street, Macquarie says
- Adidas buys fitness app maker Runtastic for $239 million
- The best virtual reality apps for iPhone, compatible with Google Cardboard