Thursday, January 23, 2014, 04:54 pm PT (07:54 pm ET)
ABC to interview Tim Cook for 30th anniversary of MacApple CEO Tim Cook will make a rare television appearance in an interview with David Muir of ABC World News, with one of main topics likely to be the Mac's 30th anniversary.
ABC's David Muir holds a Mac Pro while interviewing Apple CEO Tim Cook. | Source: Van Scott via Twitter
Cook's segment, which is said to focus on the Mac, will air on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in all time zones. Good Morning America will be airing a preview of the interview tomorrow, though an exact time was not disclosed.
Information regarding the interview, first spotted on Thursday, is scarce, and the only mention of Cook's appearance is a tweet from ABC Communications publicity director Van Scott. ABC's website is not hosting the image seen above and makes no mention of the interview in World News' scheduling.
Extrapolating from the lone picture provided by Scott, the newly redesigned Mac Pro will seemingly be discussed — at least in passing — as Muir is shown holding the machine. The latest pro-level Mac launched in December and represents the pinnacle of Apple's computer hardware lineup.
Apple execs are out in force touting the Mac's anniversary. On Thursday, MacWorld published an interview in which Phil Schiller, Craig Federighi and Bud Tribble discussed Mac lineage, as well as what the company has in store for the platform in the coming years.
On Topic: General
- Trio of Apple sapphire-related inventions point to iOS device displays, illuminated buttons
- Apple says working toward 'net zero energy' and green products in Environmental Responsibility Report
- Tim Cook promises Apple will release data on corporate diversity
- Review: Creative's Sound Blaster Roar SR20 heavy on features, light on bass
- Apple picks up two engineers from spun down Nike FuelBand team