Rovio's 'Angry Birds Stella' to debut this fall with female protagonistFinnish game developers Rovio on Thursday unveiled Angry Birds Stella, a new entry in the Angry Birds franchise featuring the pink, female Stella character as the game's protagonist.
Thursday's announcement was light on details, with no firm release date — the company said the game will bow "in the fall of this year" — and only hinted at what the game mechanics may be. The new cast of characters will have to find "creative solutions" to deal with "serious issues," perhaps indicating that the game will be focused on puzzle solving rather than siege tactics.
In addition, Angry Birds Stella will be set in a new, as-yet-unseen part of the Angry Birds Universe. The company teased the game yesterday on Twitter, promising a "big adventure."
Rovio added that Angry Birds Stell would touch nearly every part of the now-massive Angry Birds product empire. It will include "games, animations, books, toys and other fun stuff," Rovio said.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple Store app updated with two-step authentication, deeper Touch ID integration
- Spotify gains video, moods, and podcasts, Facebook Messenger rolls out video calls globally
- Roundup: The best third-party Apple Watch running apps
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Apple expands App Analytics beta to all developers