Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 02:34 pm PT (05:34 pm ET)
Apple updates iWork apps for iOS with stability improvements and bug fixesComing on the heels of Tuesday's iOS 7.1.1 release, Apple has issued updates to all iWork for iOS apps with unnamed stability and bug fixes.
With the background changes applied to all three apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote, the software reached version 2.2.1.
It is unknown what "stability improvements and bug fixes" the updates bring, though it can be speculated that the relatively quick turnaround since Apple's last iWork refresh suggests the fixes may patch complications with the Heartbleed OpenSSL vulnerability. The company revamped iOS, Mac and iCloud versions of iWork in early April.
For new devices, the latest iWork versions can be downloaded for free from the iOS App Store. Apple's Pages is a 276MB download, Numbers weighs in at 239MB and Keynote comes to 456MB.
On Topic: iWork
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Apple updates iWork for iCloud with persistent document settings, keyboard shortcut tips, more
- iWork for iCloud gains collaboration with up to 100 people, support for docs up to 1GB
- Most office workers aren't actually using Microsoft Office
- Apple updates iWork apps for iOS with stability improvements and bug fixes