Apple fixes podcast bug with iTunes 11.2.2 release, issues first developer beta of OS X 10.9.4Apple on Wednesday pushed out a minor update for its iTunes media suite, fixing a podcast-related bug and various stability improvements. Developers were also provided with the first beta of OS X 10.9.4, arriving a few weeks after OS X 10.9.3 became available to the public.
iTunes 11.2.2 is now available to download through the Mac App Store or directly from Apple for both OS X and Windows. According to Apple, the update fixes a problem where certain podcast episodes may download unexpectedly.
In addition, iTunes 11.2.2 is said to include several stability improvements. It arrives less than two weeks after iTunes 11.2.1 was quickly issued to address a flaw with the "/Users" folder in OS X 10.9.3
As for Mavericks, the Mac operating system will receive another bug fix and maintenance update, with Apple now testing OS X 10.9.4 with its developer community. Regular consumers can also test out the pre-release software for free if they opt into Apple's Beta Seed Program, which launched last month.
Not much is yet known about OS X 10.9.4, but the update is unlikely to bring any major additions or changes to Mavericks. The last update, OS X 10.9.3, launched two weeks ago with enhanced support for high-resolution 4K monitors.
Apple is expected to unveil its next major OS X release, presumably version 10.10, at next week's Worldwide Developers Conference, which will kick off with a keynote presentation on Monday. Last year, Apple unveiled OS X 10.9 Mavericks at WWDC 2013, and the software became available as a free download on Oct. 22.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple reportedly puts Trent Reznor in charge of redesigned Beats Music app, presses forward with iTunes Radio revamp
- Yet another outage hits Apple's App Store & iTunes, preventing searches, discovery & downloads
- Apple debuts programatic iAd buys on iTunes Radio, 'Customer Match' demographic targeting
- US streaming music revenues eclipse CD sales for first time, as rebrand of Apple's Beats looms
- Apple issues apology as iTunes & App Store outage persists for 7+ hours