Netflix quietly updates Apple TV channel with 'Post-Play' feature for TV showsTelevision fans can now binge on their favorite shows more efficiently as streaming movie behemoth Netflix has brought its popular "Post-Play" feature, which automatically plays the next episode of a television series after a short delay, to the Apple TV.
A popular feature in the company's web client and iPad app, Post-Play has been sorely missed on Apple's set-top streamer and the change will be welcomed by heavy Netflix users. AppleInsider was first tipped to the change by reader Richard.
Post-Play gives users a brief countdown — generally 10 seconds — once a television show's credits start rolling, then automatically plays the next episode of the series. On the Apple TV, the currently-playing episode is shrunk and moved to the side, with the next episode queued up to the right.
Users have the option to wait for the timer to run out, play the next episode immediately, or return to the episode listing for that series. Post-Play can also be disabled completely by visiting the Account section of the Netflix website.
Though AppleInsider was able to independently confirm Post-Play's appearance on multiple Apple TV units, it is possible that the feature is not ready for primetime as Netflix has yet to update its Post-Play compatibility listing. Netflix, like Facebook, is famous for rolling out small tests to its user base.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports