Netflix quietly updates Apple TV channel with 'Post-Play' feature for TV showsTelevision fans can now binge on their favorite shows more efficiently as streaming movie behemoth Netflix has brought its popular "Post-Play" feature, which automatically plays the next episode of a television series after a short delay, to the Apple TV.
A popular feature in the company's web client and iPad app, Post-Play has been sorely missed on Apple's set-top streamer and the change will be welcomed by heavy Netflix users. AppleInsider was first tipped to the change by reader Richard.
Post-Play gives users a brief countdown — generally 10 seconds — once a television show's credits start rolling, then automatically plays the next episode of the series. On the Apple TV, the currently-playing episode is shrunk and moved to the side, with the next episode queued up to the right.
Users have the option to wait for the timer to run out, play the next episode immediately, or return to the episode listing for that series. Post-Play can also be disabled completely by visiting the Account section of the Netflix website.
Though AppleInsider was able to independently confirm Post-Play's appearance on multiple Apple TV units, it is possible that the feature is not ready for primetime as Netflix has yet to update its Post-Play compatibility listing. Netflix, like Facebook, is famous for rolling out small tests to its user base.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Twitter looks to debut Apple TV app as part of NFL live streaming initiative
- Universal search on Apple TV goes beyond US services with Australia's Stan
- ESPN to launch subscription streaming service following BAMTech purchase
- Apple working on Apple TV guide for streaming content
- Time Warner buys 10% stake in Hulu, will offer live streams of TNT, TBS, CNN, more