Rumor: Apple to launch 12-inch MacBook Air in 2015 with iPhone-inspired colorsA sketchy rumor on Thursday claims Apple's rumored 12-inch MacBook Air will debut in the middle of 2015, to be available in gold, space gray and silver colors identical to those offered with the iPhone.
Citing a person familiar with Apple's product pipeline, blog A Tech Website claims the company will launch a new 12-inch MacBook Air in a range of colors, adding gold and Space Gray to the current "raw" aluminum MacBook offerings.
The source goes on to say that Apple is aiming for a tentative mid-2015 launch, but cautions that the release timeline has already been pushed back multiple times.
Apple has long been rumored to launch a 12-inch thin-and-light, with noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo saying in April that the product is on track for a 2014 debut. Subsequent reports out of East Asia pushed back an anticipated launch date into 2015, citing supply constraints of Intel's latest Broadwell class processors.
If Apple were to deliver the supposed device in a variety of colors, it would be an unprecedented departure from all current and past aluminum MacBook models. The company has moved its iPhone product line to a three-color palette, and is rumored to do the same with iPad, which would leave a colorized MacBook noticeably at odds with Apple's laptop aesthetic.
On Topic: Future Hardware
- Nvidia working with Apple on graphics for 'revolutionary' new Mac products
- Apple allegedly working on Siri stand-alone speaker with HomeKit integration
- Apple FCC filing shows Apple TV-sized device with Bluetooth, NFC under review
- Wireless charging tech firm Energous namechecks Apple in regulatory filing
- 'About a dozen' Magna engineers working on Apple's electric car, 'Project Titan' - report