Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock now on sale at Apple Stores for $79 [u]Having only been leaked a day prior, the official Magnetic Charging Dock for the Apple Watch was already on sale at some Apple Stores on Wednesday, and has now arrived at the U.S. online store. [Updated with pricing]
Update: The official Apple Watch dock can now be purchased from Apple's website for $79 U.S.
A video posted to YouTube, or instance, shows the product being unboxed and tested at a German Apple Store. As anticipated in the leak, the accessory costs 89 euros ($95).
A tip received by AppleInsider, meanwhile, suggests that the device is on sale at the Covent Garden Apple Store in London for £65 ($99).
The dock is disc-shaped with a magnetic charging ring in the middle. Although a Watch can just be laid flat over the disc, the ring will also pop out to allow charging a Watch on its side, triggering watchOS 2's Nightstand mode.
It's not yet clear if the accessory is available at any American retail outlets. It is, however, absent from Apple's U.S. online store.
Apple's dock comes nearly seven months after the launch of the Watch. Third-party options have available the entire time, but have generally relied on threading the Watch's bundled charging cable, and often don't support Nightstand mode.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- NYC Apple reseller and community staple Tekserve to close Manhattan store
- Apple to open fifth Hong Kong store on June 30 as Chinese expansion continues
- Apple opens registrations for children's Apple Camps at US retail stores
- Apple pulls legacy non-Retina MacBook Pro from retail store displays
- India eases rules on local sourcing, paves way for country's first Apple Stores