Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock now on sale at Apple Stores for $79 [u]Having only been leaked a day prior, the official Magnetic Charging Dock for the Apple Watch was already on sale at some Apple Stores on Wednesday, and has now arrived at the U.S. online store. [Updated with pricing]
Update: The official Apple Watch dock can now be purchased from Apple's website for $79 U.S.
A video posted to YouTube, or instance, shows the product being unboxed and tested at a German Apple Store. As anticipated in the leak, the accessory costs 89 euros ($95).
A tip received by AppleInsider, meanwhile, suggests that the device is on sale at the Covent Garden Apple Store in London for £65 ($99).
The dock is disc-shaped with a magnetic charging ring in the middle. Although a Watch can just be laid flat over the disc, the ring will also pop out to allow charging a Watch on its side, triggering watchOS 2's Nightstand mode.
It's not yet clear if the accessory is available at any American retail outlets. It is, however, absent from Apple's U.S. online store.
Apple's dock comes nearly seven months after the launch of the Watch. Third-party options have available the entire time, but have generally relied on threading the Watch's bundled charging cable, and often don't support Nightstand mode.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Sources: iPhone 6 series 'touch disease' now accounting for about 11% of Apple Store repairs
- Apple to reopen Thousand Oaks store on Saturday, close Cambridge shop for renovations
- Apple shakes up retail workforce with new and renamed job titles, other changes
- Apple Annapolis latest to get 'next generation' retail treatment
- Apple prepares imminent reopenings of stores in Kansas City & Glasgow