Third floor opens at IFC Mall Apple Store in Hong KongApple has opened its anticipated third floor at the IFC Mall Apple Store in Hong Kong, providing even more space at one of the company's flagship locations.
The extra space is dedicated entirely to a Genius Bar and two accessory walls, AppleInsider can verify. A separate staircase takes visitors up to the top floor, leaving the outlet's original stairway intact.
Apple has also kept the look of the store intact, despite its renovations. The company is known to be moving towards a different, fashion-oriented look with newer stores, but older locations aren't immediately following suit.
The IFC Mall store dates back to 2011, and was not only Apple's first location in Hong Kong but to this day remains a focal point for product launches in the city, with long lineups.
Even without renovations it has an unusual design, sporting narrow floors directly over a busy roadway. A third floor dedicated to repairs and accessories should give Apple much-needed space to showcase core products like iPhones and Macs.
On Topic: General
- Review: DJI's Phantom 4 sets new standard for affordable drones
- This week on AI: 'iPhone 7' holds back, 2017 Apple Watch plans, Thunderbolt Display gone & more
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit
- Apple's Campus 2 to use updated Bloom Energy fuel cells first deployed at NC data center
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]