Apple updates Logic Remote with new iPhone and iPad Pro interfacesContinuing a string of music-related updates, Apple on Wednesday released a new version of Logic Remote, upgrading the app with support for the iPhone and the iPad Pro.
The app's new iPhone interface only offers a limited number of functions when compared with iPads, namely things like transport control, dual-channel strip faders, automation recording, and key commands. And while the app is normally compatible with both Logic Pro X and GarageBand, iPhones can only connect to the former.
The iPad Pro layout goes in the opposite direction, extending the usable range of the keyboard, mixer faders, and other instruments, while displaying key commands simultaneously.
In any case, multiple iOS devices can now be used at the same time, potentially a boon for people who have both an iPhone and an iPad or who want to use several iPads to control a workstation.
Logic Remote is a free download and runs on any device with iOS 9.1 or later.
Earlier today Apple updated GarageBand for iOS with Live Loops, and introduced Music Memos, an iPhone app specifically designed to record and flesh out musical ideas.
On Topic: iPhone
- Honda launches 2017 Accord with Apple CarPlay option
- YouTube rolls out Periscope-style live streaming support on mobile
- Sketchy 'iPhone 7' pricing rumor points to 'Pro' models, 32 & 256GB capacities
- T-Mobile thanks customers with hour of in-flight Gogo access, free European roaming
- Updated ambient light, proximity sensors in 'iPhone 7' prohibit use of legacy cases