AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
GarageBand version 1.1 is now available for download from the App Store and is 501MB. For new users it remains $4.99, while the software update is free for those who already owned it on the iPad.
The universal application features a redesigned interface on the iPhone and iPod touch, utilizing the smaller screens on those devices. In addition to support for the rest of the portable iOS lineup, GarageBand 1.1 also adds the following features:
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for ACC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
GarageBand was first released for iPad in March, and packs a collection of touch instruments that allow users to create music wherever they go. The software includes touch-controlled keyboard, guitar, bass and drums, allowing users to make music.
With "smart" versions of instruments, users can easily compose music without even knowing how to play. And those digital instruments can be mixed with recordings from real live performances.